Friday, February 19, 2010

Hi and Bye All in One Week

This week we adopted a black lab puppy from the Granite City Animal Protection Association. We named him Baloo and welcomed him with open arms. Toby didn't really want anything to do with him the first night, but the next day they were playing like besties.

Well, the first night we had him I noticed my eyes were itching really badly. After I held Baloo, my neck was all red and itchy too. I thought it could just be something left from where he was living before so he and Toby both went to visit the groomer the next day. I picked them up and was very sad to learn the itching did NOT go away. Steve and I talked at length and decided we had to give Baloo back to the Granite City APA to give him the best chance of being adopted by another loving family.

We are SUPER sad to see him go, but we know this is the best thing for all of us. I am taking him back to his foster mom, Kelly, in about an hour and I am a stinking mess. Between itchy eyes and intermittent crying, this is the pits.

If you know of anyone who might be looking for an adorable, loving and super smart puppy, Baloo is the one for them. On the APA website his name is Harvey. He is even doing really well with potty training! Help us find him a great home please!

No comments: