Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cleaning Day!

Steve and I spent the entire day cleaning, re-arranging, and just generally re-organizing our house with the help of my parents.

It was FABULOUS!!! Organization truly is my bliss.

The whole thing started because my Aunt Beck and Uncle Pete gifted us a second refrigerator so we would have more storage room. SO, we had to find a place to fit the fridge in our teeny house.

It fit quite well in the back room one I purged some stuff. I was a throwing away machine today. Mom had to stop me a couple of times before I threw away something I actually needed. Thanks again Mom!

Steve and Dad installed the fridge and hooked up the icemaker (YAY! We will have ice on a regular basis now.) They also hung the new curtain rods in the living room and dining room. And finally, they fixed our long broken grill! (Now we will have ice AND grilled meat! I won't know how to act.)

It was so cute watching the my men do the "manly" jobs around the house. I kept Mom busy too though. While the boys were installing the fridge Toby and I locked ourselves in the bedroom and then I cleaned out my closet and moved my summer attire to the garage and unpacked the sweaters.

Once Mom got here she joined right in on the action. She and I finished the backing for the living room curtains (we bought thermal panels for the back to save energy and hopefully save us some money). Soon after that was done the boys decided they were hungry so we made a food run. Once everyone had eaten Mom and I cleaned, scrubbed and re-arranged the mud room.

All in all, it was a great day with family. You can't ask for too many of those. We only wish all of our family lived as close so we could spend more time with them.

Below are some pics of the results of our hard work. If you haven't been to our house, you probably can't appreciate the change, but like a doof, I forgot to take "before" pics. We love you all!


Whaddya think?
Steve and Toby were pretty pooped after a long day of work

And the mud room...I know not very exciting.






4 comments:

Roma said...

Looks great! Organizing is so much fun!

Mommy said...

It's my turn now. Come clean my house please! I love your paint color!

Jaycie and Randy said...

Looks really good!! I need some help, if you are busy maybe your mom could come over:) I am ready to do an annual toy purge to get ready for Christmas!! My daycare will be the lucky recipient of all of our unused toys!!

k8 said...

Yay! I know those "project" days feel so good at the end.