Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How did this happen?

So Steve and I both decided we are fat...

Now we know compared to the general population we are just fine, but I am finding clothes too tight and sometimes I get winded when before it would have never been a problem.

The last straw was when my fat jeans were tight and I couldn't wear one of my pair of uniform pants. YIKES! Steve's was when he saw a picture of himself from this summer and he knows we have both only gotten bigger.

SO, I took photos of the before (won't share until I have the after) and Steve refused. We both stepped on the scale and we are off. I have a goal of looking fabulous for the Policeman's Ball in May, but clearly I hope to see results before then. Steve's goals are more ambiguous, but wish us luck. Or at least, wish us perserverance. I have a feeling we will need it.

I will update frequently about our progress...I think having to write it out will hold me accountable (or at least, I hope so)

2 comments:

Jaycie and Randy said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes... I need to get motivated myself!!

Mommy said...

I'd like to thin of it as ...Not Fat...Just Out Of Shape! That always helps me!